Search This Blog

How does your child (ages 2+) take a nap?

Naptime Drama!

"Llama Llama Red Pajama reads a story with his mamma. Mamma kisses baby's hair. Mamma Llama goes down stairs..." and that is definitely not the end. Seriously? Why do children NOT go to bed when they are told? About a month ago Sophia started climbing out of her crib...I knew at that moment that I would never get a moment's peace again. Her crib was my refuge...When I needed to "get away", she would go in her crib and I would have peace and quiet (except, of course, when Kailee calls from "quiet time", "Mom, can I get up yet?").

Does anyone's children (ages 2+) go to sleep when they are supposed to actually go to sleep? I'm am going to conduct a poll. Be sure to vote. :) If you are in the amazing category of "my child is a perfect angel who listens to everything I say, especially bed time", please, please, comment with what you did/do to make this happen...

I have tried swatting the leg, threatening, bribery, etc, etc...

2 comments:

Unknown November 15, 2009 at 5:37 PM  

Hi Mary! Where have I been - I didn't realize you had a blog. Cool!

Naptime, hmmmm...

Every single one of my children were/are different. My current 2 year old is the youngest with 6 older siblings. Our life is VERY different than it was when I only had younger children. He generally falls asleep while watching a movie or in the car... however, on days when he's awake and it's after 1:00, I'll lay down with him and read him a book - then I just lay there with him until he goes to sleep. Works quite well (my mom taught me that).

I've had a couple that would just lay down and go to sleep and I've had others who resisted - personalities make a HUGE difference.

I'll have to admit - I've grown to love laying down with my children. It forces me to stop and cuddle. I also love reading to my kids and it's a great time for that too.

Momma's need a little breather and it's a great way to get one (I usually sleep for about 20-30 minutes and then get up).

Hey, I have a question about your candles. Are they natural? I was looking and couldn't find any information about that.

So glad to find you here! (I did read your comment on my "Are you sick of me yet" post but didn't connect you with the comment.) So glad you enjoy my blog.

Have a peaceful night!
Lynnette
Dancing Barefoot on Weathered Ground

Unknown November 15, 2009 at 5:38 PM  

Harrison doesn't have 6 older siblings! Oh brother - he has 5! Having had 9 and lost three at different time - well, I get a little confused!

Post a Comment

Followers

My family...

My family...

This blog...

...is just the ramblings of a stay at home mom and Army wife. God has blessed me in more ways than I could have ever imagined and in more ways than I deserve. I guess that is what is so amazing about God's grace.